NIKE AIR MAX ORIGINS
Nike’s revolutionary Air-Sole unit made its way into Nike footwear in the late ’70s. In 1987, the Nike Air Max 1 debuted with visible air in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air-Sole comfort-suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Nike Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking color combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.
NIKE FLYKNIT ORIGINS
Nike Flyknit technology was inspired by feedback from runners seeking a shoe with the snug (and virtually unnoticed) fit of a sock. Nike embarked on a four-year mission with teams of programmers, engineers and designers to create the technology needed to make the knit upper with static properties for structure and durability. Then the precise placement of support, flexibility and breathability-all in one layer-was refined. The result is a featherweight, form-fitting and virtually seamless upper.
- Flywire technology integrates with the laces for a dynamic, supportive fit
- Stitch and turn collar for a snug, comfortable fit
- Sculpted Cushlon midsole for plush cushioning, springy resilience and impact protection
- Flex grooves align with the Max Air unit for more natural range of motion
- Reflective elements enhance visibility in low light
- Weight: 12.8 ounces (men’s size 10)